Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ciao Italia!!




Italy. The land of my vices... chocolate, espresso, wine, siesta, and high-end fashion (specifically shoes!) I honestly do not see how anyone can be mad when they wake up in Italy. I've attached a few pictures taken from the balcony of my hotel room. It's absolutely gorgeous here!

Our days go as follows: 7:00a.m. breakfast. Leave for the Track at 8:00 and slide at 9:00. We usually take 3 runs and by the end of that I feel as if my body is going to explode. We are at altitude here and between the lack of oxygen and the intensity of the track I can feel my heart pulsing through my body! Around 11:00 we are back at the hotel and it's Cappuccino time/video. Lunch is at 12:30 and every other day we switch between weight lifting or a second session of sliding. Around 5:00 we are done and I usually throw in my ipod and go for a walk around town. 7:30 dinner is followed by a back treatment from our trainer Jimbo and then it's time for bed! I really do live the life! Especially this week... ;0)

Being in Italy though has kind of put a perspective upon the Games for me. It seems like forever ago but it was only 4 years that I was at Opening Ceremonies in Torino and then walking through the security checkline at the track to watch Erin, Sam, and Courtney compete in the 2006 Olympics. Its completely surreal to know that in 22 short days I'm going to be the athlete. I'm going to be the one actually walking into that stadium, competing on the Whistler track, sporting the red, white, and blue all over the TV. I cannot wait to feel the intensity that is going to be exuding from athletes, coaches, and fans alike. Maybe it's the extra strong espresso that is making me buzz but I'm starting to feel alive...!!!

1 comment:

  1. you are a brat. end of story... so i don't really mean that, i'm just jealous that you are in potentially tanning Italy while i'm in cold, cloudy, snowy Oberhof. my hair has even frozen while i was writing this comment. so remember this when you have all of that red white and blue left over and nothing to do with it. (christmas can come in february) LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete