Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1+2+9+8+8+2=30

Bradley+Flight+O'Hare+Flight#2+Munich+Drive= Finally in Igls!! This was perhaps the longest traveling experience I have had, but we finally made it. I'm now with the junior team and we have a training week in Igls, Austria. Junior World Championships is here at the end of January so they have a week of just training for the big race. Yesterday we slid for the first time and that was the first time it actually hit me that Megan and I were not traveling together anymore. I was getting ready and it came to the point for someone to zip my suit and Megan wasn't there. She always zips me! It was a sad realization. But I one of my fellow juniors stepped up and got the job done. It has also been weird going from the Senior team to the Junior team. There is a complete different vibe. The seniors have a lot more freedom in the schedule, but they also know exactly what they need to do to train and race. The juniors have a structured schedule and are still figuring out their routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment