Friday, February 5, 2010

One More Week!!

So to say the least, things have been quite hectic. I'm laying in bed right now in Park City, Utah about to get ready for the day of double sessions, lifting, video, EATING, and trying to cram as much into my social calendar as possible before Monday. But you know what? I'm enjoying EVERY possible second of it. Yesterday we had kind of a small media blitz at the track and I was being "tag-teamed" by 3 different media and the PCTV guy said "Well! You're pretty happy and smiley and that's very apparent!" and I replied with a laugh, "Well, can we look at where we are? I'm heading to the Olympics, my sliding is going really well, I'm going shopping after this... I'm pretty sure there's absolutely NO reason to be angry!" And it's true!

It's crazy to think that in ONE week opening ceremonies will be taking place in Vancouver. Three days after that I will be racing, one day after that I'll turn 23, and then in most respects... it's all done with! I can just soak in all that the Olympic Games has to offer. Time is a very peculiar thing. It sort of boggles my mind... 60 seconds are in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day... yet SOMEHOW that never seems to be enough. SOMEHOW my entire WC season is done... SOMEHOW I've managed to live 23 crazy years of life and yet in a weird way I feel as if this might just be the beginning and there's a huge world FULL of opportunities out there. I'm just afraid that time is going to be my enemy in experiencing it all!

Over the next month however, I'm going to try my best. I'm going to enjoy the journey and live vicariously through all of the pictures and stories and memories that everyone else has from the Games! So for just one month, time isn't going to matter.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy every single minute of it, Meg - you have more than earned it!! We're so proud and pleased to simply be along for the ride!! Love you as much as the moon and the stars...Mom

    ReplyDelete