Friday, November 27, 2009

Sweeney Success!!





This week we were in Igls, Austria. Although Megan and I could not be with our family for the holiday yesterday we did have our first Thanksgiving together in 9 years, which was pretty cool! We both raced Nations Cup today and it was a good race day for us both! Megan qualified for the World Cup race tomorrow with a 13th place finish. I finished 9th, but could not qualify for the World Cup because I am only racing Nations Cup. It's a little frustrating, but I knew this could happen going into today's race so I was prepared for it. After the race today Megan and I went on a walk through the quintessential Austrian countryside. It was the perfect end to an exciting day. We are both now ready for tomorrow-- Megan has her sled ready for the race and I'm resting my voice so that I will be able to cheer loudly! Wish us luck on our endeavors!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Guy's, we missed you all at Thanksgiving.... Once again the Turkey was dry and the stuffing was not good at all!!!!!!!! Hey by the way is eating three pies really all that bad for you????? Meg/ Em wish you all the best of luck and we are all pulling ( or pushing ) for you!!! Kevin when will you be home next,,, the political discusion just was not the same without you,,,, your mom tried to chime in when she could but it was not the same,,,,,!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sweeney Connection is as strong as ever!! Hope Altenberg is ready for the Sweeney Sisters, because they are definitely ready for Altenberg!!

    Love you both and so very proud of you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete